There are few places that are filled with such dizzying natural beauty as Pebble Beach, California. Nestled in the isolated cypresses and pine groves on the edge of Pacific Ocean stands one of the most premier golf links in North America. Only rivaled by St. Andrews Golf Links and a few other ocean courses, Pebble Beach Golf Links has become a beautiful — although formidable — course. We’re going to talk about the 6 reasons why Pebble beach is incredible for golfing, and why you need to go!
If you are ready to experience one of the best golf courses in North America, book a golf trip package with Superior Executive Services. Our dedicated staff will make sure that your trip is unforgettable at every step and swing of your clubs. Visit our website or call us today at 888-981-6653 to book your luxury golf trip package.
- The Beauty: Did we mention how insanely beautiful Pebble Beach is? Great writers of literature like Jack London, Robert Lewis Stevenson, and John Steinbeck set or featured their stories around Pebble Beach. There is something magical about the jagged rocks, the iodine air, and the Spanish moss hanging off the Monterey pines, gently blowing in the wind. So now, imagine swinging a club with sea spray floating on the breeze as you gently nudge the ball across the perfectly-manicured green. Get the picture, yeah?
- Bing Crosby: The sultry titan of swing, Bing Crosby, started one of the biggest Pro-Amateur golf tournaments in America: the Bing Crosby National Pro-Amateur, or the Crosby Clambake. This tournament eventually became the AT&T Pro-Am in 1986, but for years, this tournament was one of the swankiest, most fun Pro-Ams of all time. Celebrities like Bill Murray, Tom Brady, Justin Timberlake, Ray Romano, and Carson Daly all graced the grass of the Pebble Beach Golf Links. Imagine walking in their footsteps!
- The Food: There are many places in America that boast some incredible food scenes. New York, Portland, and Austin all seem to attract some incredible chefs and restaurateurs. However, if you want to skip the hype and wait times, Pebble Beach and the neighboring town of Carmel-by-the-Sea have an incredible food scene. The Inn at Spanish Bay within Pebble Beach is known for their Happy Hour and their bagpipe player, who plays at sundown. If you venture into town, be sure to snag a table at Vesuvio’s and experience the only rooftop patio in Carmel-by-the-Sea!
- The Spa Treatments: If you have ever wanted to have a massage in what appears to be an old Mediterranean ranch, or perhaps you just want to feel fine grains of sand between your toes as you watch the sunset, then Casa Palmero in Pebble Beach is right for you. Walking and playing on one of the most beautiful golf courses in North America can be exhausting. Be sure to get your rest and recover at this luxurious spa. Complete with its own hotel, Casa Palmero is a luxury spa experience that you won’t want to miss.
- The Ocean: Alright, we know we already talked about how beautiful the ocean is in our first reason, but we think it deserves its own special category. The Pacific Ocean adds an unrivaled amount of beauty to Pebble Beach. Whether you are having drinks at Spanish Bay or looking out toward the white, sandy beaches of Carmel-by-the-Sea, you will be surprised at how crisp, clear, calm, and blue the ocean is. If you are lucky enough, perhaps you will see some dolphins or even a pod of migrating whales!
- The 18th Green: The 18th Green has become one of the most infamous holes of golf. It is infamous not just because it is beautiful, but also because it is incredibly challenging. The ocean is off to the left with winds sweeping your shots across the fairway — oh, and we forgot to mention there is a massive cypress tree in the middle of the fairway! Many talented and successful PGA professionals have struggled to master this unforgettable par-5. Are you ready to brag to your golfing buddies yet?
Pebble Beach Golf Links is one of the most spectacular places to play golf, but don’t forget about the other Golf courses in Monterey if you want the ultimate golfing experience. If you’re ready to experience the golfing trip of a lifetime, then book a luxury golf package with Superior Executive Services. Whether you’re bringing clients, coworkers, or your friends, Pebble Beach is an incredible place to golf. Book your trip today by visiting our website or calling us at 888-981-6653.